The Community of George Floyd presents: “We Are The Cuney Homes” A Life Stream Theatrical Poetic Presentation & Student Workshop.
Presented by Mack Performing Arts Collective (MPAC) in association with Joseph “Joe P.” Palmore & Acting Up Studios (AUS).
Children and residents of Cuney Homes will share stories of growing up in a low-income housing development where many deal with hard times and social injustice. They will explore the life and childhood of George Floyd and use him as inspiration. Participants will be using texts, lighting, costumes, make-up, and scenery to bring their stories to life. The workshop will conclude with a Theatrical Poetic presentation for the community.
Students will explore how:
- To find their voice and turn it into art
- To write and create poems or monologues to tell their stories
- To build confidence and perform in front of a live audience
- To self-direct and organize thoughts and ideas about performance
- To practice public speaking
Rescheduled to August 20, 2022
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – First Workshop
2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. – Lunch
2:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Second workshop and Rehearsal
4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Break
5:00 p.m. – Live Stream Presentation
FREE REGISTRATION for participants of Cuney Home residents